Hadrian Park Primary School fully recognises the responsibility it has to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We have children's safety and well-being as a key priority and have strong safeguarding procedures including:
- Working together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within our school to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
- Safer recruitment practices when appointing new staff and volunteers.
- Regular training for our staff and governors to ensure the welfare and safety of our children.
- Clear guidance for staff and volunteers on how to behave and work with children and young adults.
- Staff are highly vigilant and report any concerns they have about a child's well-being swiftly.
- An ethos where concerns are discussed with parents, and children know that they can talk about their worries to an adult they trust.
- Safe computer access, with secure filtering and training for children and staff in e-safety. We also provide guidance to parents on e-safety.
- Safeguarding procedures which follow the recommended procedures by North Tyneside Council.
The Front Door Service provides access to all services for children and families in North Tyneside. If you have concerns about the safety or welfare of a child in North Tyneside the Front Door Service is the first point of contact for everyone.
To contact the Front Door Service call 0345 2000 109.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding the safety of a child, you can contact our designated safeguarding leaders who are:
- Miss A Gibson (Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs R Reed (Learning Mentor and Deputy Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs L Elliott (HLTA and Deputy Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr H Corlett (Safeguarding Governor)
In North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
Internet Safety Guide for Parents and Carers and further information can be found by visiting: